You’ve installed a licensed (=self-hosted) version of Adobe Connect 7 or 8 and all of a sudden you have realised that you really need to move the content storage to a different area of the server because your C: drive is running out of space?
A few weeks ago a client asked me how to do exactly this. Given how easy it is, it’s surprisingly badly documented and hard to find. Here you go:
- Stop the services (Adobe Connect server as well as the Flash Media Server)
- Move or copy the content folder into the new location (Note: your content folder is usually the “content” subfolder in your Adobe Connect installation directory. If you’ve just clicked “next”, “next” etc during installation, your content folder would most likely be C:\Breeze\content). I tend to copy the folder to the new location and rename the existing content folder to something like “_content” for the time being.
- Locate and edit the custom.ini file in your Connect installation directory. If you went with the default settings this would be in C:\Breeze\custom.ini . Make the following additions to the file (or change the values of the three settings below in case they were already in there). Make sure that you specify a proper path, for example: D:\ELearningLib\content\ or similar.
- CONTENT_PATH=_new location of content folder_
- FCS_MEETING_PATH=_new location of content folder_
- FCS_CONTENT_PATH=_new location of content folder_
- Restart your services again and test that Connect still works and that all your content is available, recordings still work etc.
- If you’re happy with the outcome of the previous step, get rid of the old content folder – resp. the renamed old content folder if you followed my recommendation in step 2.