Some people asked me what exactly the content of that session will be. Well, it’s not completely finalized, but to give you a rough idea:
1. Introduction into Java, the basic ideas of object-orientation and typed languages
2. Buzzwords and technologies: JSP,Servlets,J2EE,JMS,SOA etc.
3. Why is Java important for CF developers: the foundation of CF since MX 6.0
4. Integrating Java code into your CF application and why that might make a lot of sense (we’ll show you how to do it and we’re having a bunch of very good examples here)
5. Using existing Java libraries in CF (JSP taglibs etc)
6. Dealing with the J2EE layer of CF, what you should do and what you better never touched
I mean, one could spend days and weeks for just one of the topics, but we’ll have a look how to get that sorted. As this is going to be a workshop, it will be in a very relaxed atmosphere. If you registered for it and had some sort of particularly issue or topic you want to talk about, drop me a line. If you had some interesting experiences to share, drop me a line.
You know – this one won’t be a one-way-sucking-the-brain-out session ;), I’d love to have an active and open sharing of experiences among all the participants.
So folks, go ahead and register for it.